Novel Coronavirus Covid-19:
How Enable Ability Is Responding
Updated 25th March
I am writing again to all participants, their parents and carers, service commissioners, staff and volunteers to explain the charity’s responses to the coronavirus outbreak since the Prime Minister's statement on Monday 23rd March. You can read my full letter here but the key points are as follows:
- We have reviewed the government guidance on public health and have reviewed each of our services against these criteria.
- We have closed the majority of our services including Saturday Club, Wheelchair Basketball and Befriending for the time being.
- Advocacy will continue albeit by telephone only.
- Junior Club, Teenage and Youth Projects will attempt to offer remote activities using technology.
- We are working with Solent Academies Trust to help deliver services similar to the Specialist Playscheme for a limited number of children of key workers (as directed by the Trust) subject to staffing availability.
- Landport Inter Activ Community Centre is closed until at least April 30th to the public, however in partnership with Radian Housing and The Hive we are using the kitchen and some staff members to offer fresh meals for distribution within the community.
- Our offices in Copnor are closed however the telephone and email will be monitored should you have some urgent needs to discuss (023 9267 1846 and firstname.lastname@example.org)
Finally, on behalf of Enable Ability, we wish you all safe passage and good health through these troubling times
Chair of Trustees
25th March 2020