Novel Coronavirus Covid-19:
How Enable Ability Is Responding
Updated 29th June
It is just over 3 months since my last communication and with recent government announcements on the cautious relaxation of virus controls I thought it important to update you on our own plans for restoration of services where that is possible. Many of our services are dependent on the availability and safe operation of facilities in the area and so service resumption will be driven by this and government guidelines on size of gatherings. You can read my full letter here but the key points are as follows:
- Our flagship Playscheme service has been operating in an interim capacity in cooperation with Portsmouth City Council for some time now at two new settings and through July we will open up two further settings.
- Our Saturday Club will be resumed when schools re-open from late September.
- Adult and Child Befriending will commence a slow reintroduction from mid-July after calls to families are made to assess needs.
- Landport Community Centre will reopen its Café on July 8th for 3 days per week with appropriate measures in place and use of the courtyard.
- Our Teenage and Youth Projects have already been running remote activities using technology to good effect. They are now in the process of surveying families to assess needs in the hope that sizes of gatherings will allow group sessions from September.
- Our offices in Copnor are staffed and you can call us if you wish to discuss your needs (023 9267 1846 and firstname.lastname@example.org)It seems we are now being able to move forward and I look forward to Enable Ability being able to resume its services to the full and support our service users in the same way as we have done in the past.
Chair of Trustees
29th June 2020