Location of roles: Portsmouth
Hours – £7.38 - £7.91
Additional Comment: plus holiday pay
Description of role and person:
We urgently require enthusiastic people to be Playworkers and follow the direction of the Team Leader to work with high dependency needs children at its special needs playscheme during the February Half-Term holiday period. Further work will be available during all other school holiday periods and there may be opportunities for additional one-to-one sessional work. This role includes preparation, organisation and delivery of activities – all of which will involve providing safe, creative and appropriate play within a balanced programme. Successful applicants will be required to apply for an enhanced level DBS disclosure (the expense of which will be met by the employer). Appropriate training will be provided. Work to take place at Redwood Park Academy School in Portsmouth.
Hours are 30+ per week, Monday to Friday, 9.30 am and 4.00 pm during school holidays. The hourly rate will be £7.38 for under 25s and £7.83 for over 25s plus holiday pay.
- Enable Ability is established as an independent charity for the care, welfare and advancement of disabled people living in Portsmouth and the surrounding area.
- We work in partnership with disabled children and adults, their families and carers, to provide a range of high quality, professional and confidential services.
- To work under the direction of the designated Team Leader.
- Prepare, organise and deliver safe, creative appropriate play activities for the children attending
- Engage fully with the children
- Assist at meal times when required
- To ensure the dignity of children whose level of independence includes personal hygiene needs e.g. toileting
- Ensure children are fully supported whilst adhering to Health & Safety procedures and safeguarding protocols at all times
- Engage with parents and carers
- Support the team leader in his/her tasks and duties when required
- Ensure administrative procedures and record keeping are maintained
- Attend meetings when required
- Experience working with high dependency children desirable but not essential
- Commitment to providing high quality care and support
- Ability to fully engage with the activities delivered to the children
- A desire to make a difference
- Excellent communication skills
- Good sense of humour with an abundance of patience
- Able to attend training
- Advanced DBS disclosure required(at charities cost)
- This post is exempt from the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions/cautions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.
- Play-schemes have a strict no-smoking policy